Spring is around the corner and the days are getting longer so why not get out to York Regional Forest North Tract for some Orienteering!?
There will be a Score-O course that participants can run at anytime March 27th to April 4th. This will be similar to how our Wednesday night series were run in the summer of 2020. There will be ribbons placed at check points in the forest. No ribbons will be placed on obvious control locations (ie. trail junctions) on the course, and you will need a smartphone or GPS watch if you want to be ranked and timed.
An email will be sent to members with the link to the map PDF and course notes. You can print them out at home or go to Staples. Detailed course notes will be forwarded just before the start date.
Here is how it works:
- Sign up as a club member (if you haven't already)
- Send a signed waiver (for adults) or this waiver if you are under 18 to [email protected]
- Once we receive your signed waiver, before the race start, you will receive the map in PDF format, the course notes, and the PIN to access the courses. If you sent a waiver for 2021 already there is no need to send another.
- Download the MapRun6 application (Android or iOS) - This is a new version of MaprunF.
- Click “Select Event” and go to folder Canada > Ontario > Toronto > UKR ScoreO March2021
- Choose the course to run.
- Go to the park and when you are near the start location click on “Go to Start”.
When you arrive at the start, the app will ‘punch’ the automatically and the timer will begin. Off you go!
You will hear a beep at each control as you go through the course. Continue to the finish and you will be able to see how you did by clicking “Show Results”
|Start time||Saturday, March 27th, 6:00 am|
Meet directors: Eugene Mlynczyk
Course setters: Eugene Mlynczyk
|Major intersection||Hwy 48 South of Davis Dr. and North of Vivian Rd.|
17054 Hwy 48 (Markham Rd) S of Davis Dr and N of Vivian Rd
|Location|| North Tract|
Contour Interval: 5m
We will use a Score-O format where each control has certain points assigned. The course will have a time limit of 90 minutes, with a 10 point penalty for each minute over time. Controls can be collected in any order, so make sure that you plan ahead for the optimal course!
This is a FREE training event for Toronto Orienteering & UKR members. If you have participated in the January O-Cup or UKR O-Cup then you will be familiar with how it all works.
Our thanks to UKR for creating and hosting this event!