Since Toronto is in a Lock-down we are unable to run the traditional OCup event. Instead we have set up a Score-O course that participants can run at anytime February 14th to 20th. This will be similar to how our Wednesday night series were run in the summer of 2020. There will be NO flags or ribbons on the course, and you will need a smartphone or GPS watch if you want to be sure you have found a control.
PDF maps will be available to those who register with us. You can print them out at home or go to Staples for curbside service. Detailed course notes will be forwarded along with the maps.
Here is how it works:
- Sign up as a club member (if you haven't already)
- Send a signed waiver (for adults) or this waiver if you are under 18 to [email protected]
- Once we receive your signed waiver, before the race start, you will receive the map in PDF format, the course notes, and the PIN to access the courses
- Download the MapRunF application (Android or iOS)
- Click “Select Event” and go to folder Canada > Ontario > Toronto > UKR February 2021 Score-O
- Choose the course to run and enter the PIN
- Go to the park and when you are near the start location click on “Go to Start”.
The app will ‘punch’ the start automatically and the timer will begin.
You will hear a beep at each control as you go through the course. Continue to the finish and you will be able to see how you did by clicking “Show Results”
|Start time||Sunday, February 14th, 6:00 am|
Meet directors: Eugene Mlynczyk
Course setters: Eugene Mlynczyk
Take Highway 404 to the Davis Drive exit at Newmarket, Ontario. Go east on Davis Drive approximately 6 km to Kennedy Road. Turn north (left) on Kennedy Road and travel for about 1 km to the end of the road. Please park tightly along either side of the road. Note that there is limited parking, so carpooling is encouraged. There will be limited facilities on site. If you need washroom access, the nearest is located at the Esso Station at Davis Drive and Woodbine Avenue.
|Location|| Bendor and Graves Tract|
Contour Interval: 3m
We will use a Score-O format where each control has certain points assigned. The course will have a time limit of 90 minutes, with a 10 point penalty for each minute over time. Controls can be collected in any order, so make sure that you plan ahead for the optimal course!
FREE to TOC and UKR Members! What's that? you're not a member? No problem! Sign up HERE and you can run this course and all the Wednesday training Events - all included in your membership.
While running the courses please make sure that you are following the recommendations of the City of Toronto regarding the use of parks and social distancing as well as current Ontario provincial orders. Let's get our exercise and keep everyone safe!