In light of new Covid numbers and new Provincial restrictions regarding outdoor gatherings we have decided to make the TOC Ocup on the 16th a Virtual Event. As you may know this means participants will be using the MAPRUN6 app on their phones to keep track of the check point punches. You will need a smartphone or GPS watch to punch each control. See instructions below on how to use Maprun6.
Here is how it works:
- Send a signed waiver to [email protected]
- Once we receive your signed waiver, before race day you will receive the maps in PDF format, the course notes
- Download the MapRun6 application (Android or iOS)
- Click “Select Event” and go to folder Canada > Ontario > Toronto > 2022 > TOC January 2022 Score-O
- Choose one of the two courses to run.
- Go to the park and when you are near the start location click on “Go to Start”.
The app will ‘punch’ the start automatically and the timer will begin.
You will hear a beep at each control as you go through the course. Continue to the finish and you will be able to see how you did by clicking “Show Results”
|Start time||Saturday, January 15th, 8:00 am|
Meet directors: Rick Sommerkamp
Course setters: Rick Sommerkamp
Clinic coordinator: Andrew Bell
|Major intersection||Duffy's Line & Finerty Side Road|
|Location|| Palgrave - North parking lot|
Contour Interval: 5m
The length of this run will depend on a participant’s O-cup handicap. This race will feature the O-Cup Box which consists of a set of 6 to 8 checkpoints which participants may visit in any order. Particpants may skip check points in the box equal to their handicap point total. Handicap points are awarded as follows:
BEFORE and ON Jan 1
AFTER Jan 1
Consider joining our club for the discount on this and all future TOC events for 2022.
SportIdent electronic timing will NOT be used at this event. Please download and install Maprun6 before going to the site.