Glendon College connects to the Sunnybrook Park system, making for GREAT orienteering. The control points will be marked by ribbons for 1 week until July 28th. If you park in the parking lot, make sure you pay otherwise you will almost certainly get a TICKET!
Run it or walk it with your family please make sure that you are following the recommendations of the City of Toronto regarding the use of parks and social distancing.
Please note that due to requirements from our insurer this program is open only for our club members (please sign up if you have not done so yet) and you will have to sign a waiver.
Here is how it works:
- Sign up as a club member
- Send a signed waiver to [email protected]
- Once we receive your signed waiver, you will be able to download the map in PDF format from here.
- Ribbons will be up for one week - you can run/walk the course anytime during the week.
If you want to take advantage of GPS punching:
- Download the MapRunF application (Android or iOS)
- You should be able to find the courses by selecting “Events Near Me”
- Go to the park and when you are near the start location click on “Go to Start”.
- The app will ‘punch’ the start automatically and the timer will begin.
- You will hear a beep at each control as you go through the course. Continue to the finish and you will be able to see how you did by clicking “Show Results”
- You can use this course and the previous ones anytime with GPS punching
|Start time||Wednesday, July 22nd, 6:15 pm|
Meet directors: Andre Gordon
|Major intersection||Leslie St.-Lawrence Ave. E|
By car - from Leslie go West on Lawrence Ave E as far as you can then turn left to Lot F. It's PAID parking - you will get a TICKET if you don't PAY! Then up the stairs to the start location next to the Glendon Athletic Centre.
|Location|| Glendon College|
The format of the courses is a bit different than in the past: we will use a Score-O format where each control has certain points (2,3,4,5 or 6) assigned and there is a time limit for the course. Controls can be collected in any order, so make sure that you plan ahead for the optimal course! If you exceed the time limit, there is a 2 point penalty for each minute.
The time limit for this course is 60 minutes.
These rules apply if you use the MapRunF application where you can track your time and register the control punches.